I hope this recipe finds you well as we quarantine in our houses, hoping to rid of this virus sooner then later!! Bryant had found this article talking about a secret ingredient to put into Rice Krispie treats and I have found myself with some extra time on my hands…so I thought I would try this recipe out!
Growing up, my Mom made rice krispie treats often. It’s such an easy, simple dessert that is completely underrated. It is definitely one of my favorite desserts. This secret ingredient allows the rice krispie treats to stay gooey the next day. I will say I am partial to a semi-hard rice krispie treat BUT I know a lot of people like to still experience that first day gooiness. I will say sometimes I struggle with the burning butter/marshmallow factor and this secret ingredient made that issue completely go away! All you need is 5 simple ingredients and you are ready!
The only thing missing in this picture is vanilla extract! Are you ready for the secret ingredient?? SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK! Here is the simple recipe below! Enjoy.
Extra Gooey Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 bag (10 oz.) marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. butter + 1 tbsp. for pan
- 1//2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk (depending on creaminess)
- Butter a 9X13 pan on the bottom and sides.
- Melt butter in large pot until bubbling.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk. Bring it to a boil and cook for 1 minute until it gets fragrant.
- Add in all of the marshmallows and mix continuously until marshmallows are completely melted.
5. Mix in rice krispies cereal, one cup at a time until you have desired consistency. (If you like it more gooey/marshmallowey then don’t add all 6 cups in)
6. Using a spatula scrape out mixture into 9X13 pan. Put some butter on the back of a spatula and use that to push down the rice krispie treats into the pan.