During this break we have had a lot of amazing time with our little one, nights of cooking and relaxation. On New Year’s Eve we had a very delicious dinner of ribeye caps and lobster claws. I had never had a lobster claw before and they were delicious! We had a few extra claws leftover so I took the meat out of the claws and stowed it away in the fridge as I knew some Rangoon would be in order! These are super simple and taste just like takeout… but better! Perfect appetizer or could be used as a side dish!
Lobster Claw Rangoons
Makes about 12 rangoons
- 2 tablespoons of lobster meat chopped finely (can do more or less depending on how much meat you have) **can substitute with crab or omit completely if you just want cream cheese rangoon**
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 package of small wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Mix together cream cheese, lobster meat, green onion and sriracha.
- Lay out wonton wrappers and line each wonton wrappers with a little bit of water to help with the sealing process.
- Put a teaspoon of cream cheese mix on one side of wonton wrappers. Lay the wonton layer over to create a triangle with the wrapper.
4. Using a fork press down on the edges to create a seal. Continue with the rest of the cream cheese mixture until you run out.
5. Heat up about an inch of canola oil in a pan until medium-high heat and ready to fry.
6. Place Rangoon’s in the pan, a few at a time, do not over crowd the pan. Cook a minute or two on each side or until you seem them becoming golden brown.
7. When Rangoon’s are done , place them on paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
8. Serve with soy sauce and sweet chili sauce!