Last night Bryant made spicy teriyaki glazed wings on the Traeger and what else goes with that other than fried rice? I’ll be sharing a wing recipe at some point because we make them often on the Traeger in lots of different varieties depending on what we are feeling like- one of my faves is the Parmesan garlic!
I’ve been making fried rice for years because it’s super simple, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and it’s yummy! I cracked the consistency code last night though and I’m really happy about it going further when I make it again. In the past I had done the egg last because that is how I had seen it done at Hibachi restaurants. That always caused the rice to get too gummy and thick. So follow the recipe below and it will turn out With a great consistency and a little bit of crunch! The best part is you might have all of these ingredients at your house right now!
Quick and Easy Fried Rice
Duration: 15 minutes Yields: 4 servings
- Basmati rice or 5 minute Instant Rice (follow directions on package to make a cup and a half of rice. Basmati Rice tends to make the rice not as sticky)
- 1/2 Bag of frozen vegetable variety
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Make rice according to package and set aside.
- Heat up oil in skillet to medium high heat. Add in 1/2 of frozen veggie bag (more depending how much veggies you want) and 1/2 small onion chopped. Cooked for 5 minutes until onions become translucent and frozen vegetables are cooked through.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl.
- Create an opening in the veggie skillet and put whisked eggs in like you are making scrambled eggs. Try not to mix the eggs in with the veggies until the eggs are cooked through in little pieces:
- Mix eggs into vegetables in the skillet.
- Add in the white rice and mix through.
- Mix in soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn skillet up to high and let the fried rice cook and get a little bit crispy letting the rice brown a little bit.
- Serve and enjoy!