I had some requests for the recipe we used last night, so here it is!
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 24 ounces of rib eye or eye roll steak-we used Sirloin tip sandwich steak
- Jar of cheese whiz
- 4 crusty Italian rolls (We used a loaf of French Bread)
- large green pepper sliced thin
- mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- garlic salt
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions, green peppers and mushrooms until tender. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to flavor. (5-7 mins)
- Slice the steak into thin long slices. (Your preference as to how thick/thin you would like the steak to be in your sandwich.
- In a cast iron skillet (or you could use any saute pan) cook the steak to your desired doneness. Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat the cheese whiz in a sauce pan or in the microwave to desired heat.
- Cut the French bread to create sandwich or cut open the crusty rolls you are using.
- Put the rolls or bread in the broiler on low to toast until they reach a golden crisp color.
- Time to assemble the sandwiches!
- First layer the inside of the sandwich bread with the cooked steak. Then add the veggies over the steak.
- Top it off which as much Cheese Whiz as you desire!